This Cumulative Update needs to be install because it includes a significant number of fixes that improve many features required in cluster solutions as Storage Spaces Direct, ReFS, NTFS, Deduplication, MPIO and iSCSI.
Listed below, the most important corrections included in this KB:
- Prevents a critical data corruption issue with NTFS sparse files in Windows Server 2016.
- Addressed issue where the system would throw an error when attempting to mount a corrupt ReFS volume in Read-Only mode.
- Addressed performance issues in ReFS when backing up many terabytes of data.
- Addressed issue where a stuck thread in ReFS might cause memory corruption.
- Addressed issue where the health of S2D clusters was inconsistently reported.
All details are listed on this Microsoft link and for now, Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
You can download this important CU for more than 1 GB on Microsoft Update Catalog here. To list Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 Update History, click this link.