Windows Server 2016 CU – July 18, 2017—KB4025334 (OS Build 14393.1532)
This Cumulative Update needs to be install because it includes a significant number of fixes that improve many features required in cluster solutions as Storage Spaces Direct, ReFS, NTFS, Deduplication, MPIO and iSCSI.
To list Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 Update History, click this link.
Microsoft references all of the updates that were released for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. It is strongly recommended that most recent Cumulative Updates were deployed to ensures that you also get any previous updates you might have missed, including any important security fixes.
Windows Server 2012 R2 virtualization platform
To help deployment, Microsoft have published specific lists of fixes for Windows Server 2012 R2 features as Clustering and Hyper-V. All these hotfixes are specific to known problems not fixed by the normal monthly update cycle. Sometimes, depending of hardware and software configurations, it is a good feeling to deploy all Microsoft hotfixes. However, another approach consists to read hotfixes description to understand if they are required on the platform. Another beautiful way is achieved when you use Veeam Backup & Replication setup program which controls the most important missing patches for Hyper-V Clusters. Thanks to Microsoft and Veeam for that,
Details listed below from Microsoft Technet Wiki on Hyper-V:
- Hyper-V – Update List for Windows Server 2012 R2: List for Windows Server 2012 R2 Servers with Update (Clean install ISO based on Windows Server 2012 R2 with Update)
Here, all Update Lists for Hyper-V Clusters running Windows Server 2012 R2:
- To access recommended hotfixes, updates, and known solutions for Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V environments, click here (Last Review: May 23, 2016)
- To access recommended hotfixes and updates for Windows Server 2012 R2 failover clusters, click here.
- To access recommended hotfixes, updates, and known solutions for Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V Network Virtualization environments – and VMM 2012 R2, click here.
- To access hotfixes for File Services in Windows Server 2012 R2, click this link.
Hyper-V Cluster – Updates/Driver/Firmware Consistency Report
Available on Microsoft Script Center here, a very useful PowerShell script for Hyper-V Administrator to identify the consistency of Windows Updates, HBA Drivers, HBA Firmware, Network Interface Drivers etc.